Bridge HTTP gateway

Marty
Hello everybody,

I'm looking to this wonderful cling library to create a REST HTTP Upnp Control Point to use it for Home Automation.
After some searches and reading, I found that the Workbench had a Bridge that provide a HTTP Rest Gateway, and a  cling-workbench-1.0.5-bridge-cli.jar to use it standalone.
In a second time, i saw in the Github source tree a Sub Project named Bridge.

Is that Bridge sub project in source tree is the same thing as the first standalone jar ? (or the Evolution ?)

Is this Http gateway can provide this Rest Control Point as I would have in my project ?

And finally, I've spend a lot of time trying to search some documentations about bridge cli jar or the Bridge SubProject without any success. Is there something like this that I didn't found ?

I wish to know if I must parse the HTML Data, or if there is a way to interact with it with a XML or a Json array ?

Thanks you very much, and sorry for my english.. I tried to be as clear as I can :)

Re: Bridge HTTP gateway

The Bridge module on github is disabled, no code has been changed in 2 years and it doesn’t run.

It works in Cling 1.x and it does what it says: HTTP interface, translates to UPnP, hypermedia format is HTML. JSON and XML are not RESTful. The documentation is the source.

Re: Bridge HTTP gateway

Marty
Thanks for the answer.

Re: Bridge HTTP gateway

Marty
Sorry to bother you again but are there somewhere the sources of cling-workbench-1.0.5-bridge-cli.jar please ?

Re: Bridge HTTP gateway