Can I develop MediaServer and MediaController on Android Device using Cling?

Can I develop MediaServer and MediaController on Android Device using Cling?

shaffooo
Hi,

I am new to UPnP but I studied the framework and how to use cling but I am still not clear. I want to know, assuming that I have a TV with Media-Rendering capability and an Android Device (HTC myTouch) which has the media (pictures, audio and video files),:

1). Can I use my android device as BOTH MediaServer and DMC (Digital Media Controller) for playing its content on TV?.

2). How can I use cling in my android application to make a MediaServer and DMC? I have an experience of android and developed several apps, how hard it is to incorporate this functionality?

Please note that I want MediaServer on same android device because my media is on this device.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Can I develop MediaServer and MediaController on Android Device using Cling?

Read the UPnP Device Architecture specification and of course all the MediaServer/Renderer specifications first.

Re: Can I develop MediaServer and MediaController on Android Device using Cling?

shaffooo
Ok I am reading it.

Thanks.

Re: Can I develop MediaServer and MediaController on Android Device using Cling?

Michael Pujos
shaffooo wrote
2). How can I use cling in my android application to make a MediaServer and DMC? I have an experience of android and developed several apps, how hard it is to incorporate this functionality?
It's hard. In particular if you want to get past the demo stage and achieve broad compatibility.

Re: Can I develop MediaServer and MediaController on Android Device using Cling?

shyam
can you give some example?