Device and DeviceType

Sara
Hi,

The LocalDevice that I am creating is of type "MediaServer". However, we have a local DeviceType which we need to also announce - for the case that one of our own devices discovers another one of our own devices.

Is there a field in LocalDevice -I have not found it -, which I can add some extra parameters other than those already defined?

Re: Device and DeviceType

Adding custom XML fragments to the device descriptor, and reading them is not easily doable without modifying the source of Cling. Custom HTTP headers, or a simple UserAgent header might be easier to implement.

Re: Device and DeviceType

Sara
Thanks Christian,

We found a workaround. We are adding the type to the ModelName.

Saghar