Device with invalid service descriptor never discovered

Device with invalid service descriptor never discovered

Overv
I'm trying to discover a device with an invalid (null) service descriptor. The device is discovered by the library code and a warning is shown, but none of the registry callbacks are called for this device.

Is it possible to let it fire a remoteDeviceDiscoveryStarted event even when the service descriptor is invalid? The name of the device, which is correctly reported, is enough of an indication of what the service is in my application.

Re: Device with invalid service descriptor never discovered

RegistryListener#remoteDeviceDiscoveryStarted() will be called always before the service XML descriptors are retrieved via HTTP and after the device XML descriptor has been retrieved and parsed. Maybe I dont' understand what "service is null" means.

Re: Device with invalid service descriptor never discovered

Overv
This post was updated on .
Sorry, it seems it was discovered after all. I was just displaying some generic name of the network chip, so I didn't recognize the device.

Unfortunately it seems to discover the device, but display information about the Wifi chip and not the device itself. The base URL is unavailable as well (it's null), so I can't manually get the description.xml file which gives information very different from what Cling reports.