Have any example about UPnP Controlpoint for Android ?

Have any example about UPnP Controlpoint for Android ?

Julian Chou
Hello everyone , I'm a novice at Cling and java,
i need a application about UPnP Controlpoint for Android ,
Like the example : \cling-distribution-1.0.1\core\src\main\java\org\teleal\cling\Main.java ,
but that does not work on Android ,
it need use the "org.teleal.cling.android.AndroidUpnpService" application components to
realize the application ? any one can give me some examples or helps ? thants a lot.

Julian Chou

B.R.

Re: Have any example about UPnP Controlpoint for Android ?

Go here: http://www.teleal.org/projects/cling/

Look at the middle of the page, where it says "The full source code of the Android UPnPBrowser example of the manual can be found..."

Or you could just read the Android chapter of the manual. Too easy?

Re: Have any example about UPnP Controlpoint for Android ?

Julian Chou
Christian Bauer , thanks for your reply ,
i got the source code from link ,
but i can't add this project into my eclipse tool,
and i can't find the .project 态proguard.cfg and .classpath files in this project ,
is it a complete java android project ?
or must create this files by myself ?

Regards
Julian Chou from South Korea

Re: Have any example about UPnP Controlpoint for Android ?

If you don't know how to create an Eclipse project from existing source, you are in the wrong place.

Re: Have any example about UPnP Controlpoint for Android ?

Julian Chou
http://www.teleal.org/projects/download/misc/UpnpBrowser-100712.tar.gz  <--  this link is lose ,
how can i get the "UpnpBrowser-100712.tar.gz  " file?

B.R.
Julian Chou

Re: Have any example about UPnP Controlpoint for Android ?

Why are you looking for the older file? You won't find your "ready to run Eclipse project" in there either. If you don't know how to start a simple Android project in Eclipse, you will NOT have any success with Cling.

I suggest you go to a beginners forum for new Java programmers, where you can get help with your IDE. This is the wrong place.

Download File From Media Server

Alexandre
Hi All

I finish to install the UpnpBrowser for Android with success, but I need to check, anyone have a example code to get for example a picture from a upnp media server ?

Thanks

Re: Download File From Media Server

bergstr
the cling workbench application has code that retreives images for devices. Workbench isn't the easiest to understand, but you'll get there

Re: Download File From Media Server

Alexandre
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer, but I dont found the sources, I know this is a stupid question, but could you give me the URL to download ?, thanks again and sorry for my stupid question

Re: Download File From Media Server

Alexandre

Re: Download File From Media Server

bergstr
yeah, you can get it from git, or download the distro. The code you are looking for is in BrowserPresenter.java in lines 104 ff. Remember that the workbench is a standalone swing application, so you'll have to do some adaptations for android.

Re: Have any example about UPnP Controlpoint for Android ?

nstindia
I do not want to list the files. I only want to play a File in a web url on to a remote TV Device.  Links and IP's are all known. This is for an Android 4.0 device. The file names and URL's are in an XML file.

Regards

Aseem

Re: Have any example about UPnP Controlpoint for Android ?

Alexander
Please take a look at AirWire http://airwire.tv/en/site/developers

Re: Have any example about UPnP Controlpoint for Android ?

Dogcat
YAACC is a cling-based open source Android app for dlna browsing and (nominally) for media viewing. Have a look at the source code, it's sometimes weird and naive but quite understandable.

For example, they retrieve URI/URIs for a given DIDLObject in de.yaacc.upnp.UpnpClient#initializePlayers(DIDLObject obj). Have fun.