Question related to hackStreamHandlerProperty

Question related to hackStreamHandlerProperty

Imran
Hi,

I saw an existing post asking not to set hackStreamHandlerProperty, which disables StreamClientImpl. All I need in my project is to open a port in the network router. Will setting hackStreamHandlerProperty to true break this functionality?

The post said hackStreamHandlerProperty to true will disable GENA events. What are GENA events and do I need them if all I care about is opening a port on the router.

FYI: I am running this inside Tomcat.

Imran.

Re: Question related to hackStreamHandlerProperty

CUser
Are you trying to use Port Mapping?  You should try your code first, if Port Add returns with success then try the address  from telnet from a machine outside of your router.  This is not a GENA event.

Example GENA events are subscribed to, like AVTransport/ConnectionManager, and RenderingControl.

Re: Question related to hackStreamHandlerProperty

Imran
Thank for a reply. I have already implemented the code and everything is working fine. The router does open the ports. I was just wondering if there were any side effects that may surface later on.

Imran