Sharing online content using DLNA, contentdirectory service

K7

Sharing online content using DLNA, contentdirectory service

K7
Hi
Thanks to Christian for providing the PnP SW stack.
I have the following questions.

I am looking to implement a DLNA controller ANdroid app to render videos from online
 media servers like youtube, vimeo,etc. to a display device. I have a couple of questions.

a) I was going through the mailinglists on sash and I understand it supports backend integration with online services like youtube, but some work needs to be done. Can you please explain the approach to be undertaken, so that I can try that. Is there any free webservice that provide the content listing by talking to online meda servers, so that we can talk to just one service at the backend?

b) Do we need to have a DLNA media server running on smartphone for streaming online content to another display device.
Note: I am just using smartphone for selecting the content and as a DMC application for content streamed from online servers.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,
K7