Transfering files to a Media Renderer

Guilherme Birk
If I want to play a file on a Media Renderer I just need an HTTP Server or I need a Media Server service too? I don't need to browse anything on the server, I already have the URI and just need to set up the transport URI and play the file on the Media Renderer. I'm asking this because I don't know if my television makes a GET directly on the HTTP Server or if it uses a Media Server action that uses the HTTP Server to stream the file. When I transfer a photo from my cellphone to my computer I use wireshark to analyze the traffic and aparently the Media Renderer just executes a GET in the HTTP Server URL, but when I try to set up a web URL (photo) to play on my television I get an error.

Re: Transfering files to a Media Renderer

raman bains
https://github.com/trishika/DroidUPnP this is the perfect example of an android application sending files(image,audio n video) to the tv using cling library