VLC detection

Lucius9
http://4thline.org/articles/Second%20release%20of%20Cling%20with%20UPnP%20AV%20support.html

Re: VLC detection

On 10.02.2013, at 17:36, Lucius9 [via Mailinglists] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello I would like to implement my own remote for VLC and I would like to know how can you detect a running instance of VLC as you said in this post  :
http://4thline.org/articles/Second%20release%20of%20Cling%20with%20UPnP%20AV%20support.html

You can't. I was running a little UPnP program that had the HTTP interface address of VLC hardcoded. It's not published as it is quite useless.

Re: VLC detection

Lucius9
I understand. I will implement a server. The app will detect the server and the server will send the request to the http interface of VLC.