difference in behavior in windows and ubuntu.

difference in behavior in windows and ubuntu.

animesh
Hi All,

http://4thline.org/projects/cling/core/manual/cling-core-manual.html#chapter.Android

I implemented the above sample in both windows and ubuntu, in Windows every thing is working fine i.e. i get the server and render list.

But in ubuntu i do not get the list, any difference is there.

I can provide the logs if anyone needs, please help me in figuring out what is the difference

Re: difference in behavior in windows and ubuntu.

animesh
Hi,

I have not seen anyone reply to this, can i know is this an expected behavior.
I am using ubuntu 32 bit.

Re: difference in behavior in windows and ubuntu.

bergstr
no, this is not expected behavior from the side of Cling, nor do I think Cling is responsible for it. The  differences usually lie in the software protocol stack of the OS, the firewall configuration, any routers on the way between the devices, and whatever other magic is involved. The UPnP protocol is unfortunately quite susceptible to networking issues.

Re: difference in behavior in windows and ubuntu.

animesh
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion, Just want to know can i check some logs which tell me what exactly is the difference. What should i be looking for.

Any pointer will be help full.

Re: difference in behavior in windows and ubuntu.

bergstr
I dont think analyzing the Cling logs will help, as Cling most likely never gets to see the devices at all. If anything, you would have to perform low level network analysis. I unfortunately cannot help with this, as much as I would like. I also have a Samsung TV, which is visible on my windows computers, sometimes visible on my OpenSuse Linux computer, and never visible on my android tablet. No idea why..

Re: difference in behavior in windows and ubuntu.

Why not run the Cling Workbench, which has extensive logging and debugging facilities? Too easy?

Re: difference in behavior in windows and ubuntu.

Oren
Hi,

I have the same problem, the program works perfectly on windows, while on linux I get the following messages:
Mar 31, 2015 10:03:46 AM org.fourthline.cling.UpnpServiceImpl <init>
INFO: >>> Starting UPnP service...
Mar 31, 2015 10:03:46 AM org.fourthline.cling.UpnpServiceImpl <init>
INFO: Using configuration: org.fourthline.cling.DefaultUpnpServiceConfiguration
Mar 31, 2015 10:03:46 AM org.fourthline.cling.transport.RouterImpl <init>
INFO: Creating Router: org.fourthline.cling.transport.RouterImpl
Mar 31, 2015 10:03:46 AM org.fourthline.cling.transport.impl.MulticastReceiverImpl init
INFO: Creating wildcard socket (for receiving multicast datagrams) on port: 1900
Mar 31, 2015 10:03:46 AM org.fourthline.cling.transport.impl.MulticastReceiverImpl init
INFO: Joining multicast group: /239.255.255.250:1900 on network interface: eth0
Mar 31, 2015 10:03:46 AM org.fourthline.cling.transport.impl.StreamServerImpl init
INFO: Created server (for receiving TCP streams) on: /192.168.2.112:45702
Mar 31, 2015 10:03:46 AM org.fourthline.cling.transport.impl.DatagramIOImpl init
INFO: Creating bound socket (for datagram input/output) on: /192.168.2.112
Mar 31, 2015 10:03:46 AM org.fourthline.cling.transport.RouterImpl handleStartFailure
SEVERE: Unable to initialize network router: org.fourthline.cling.transport.spi.InitializationException: Failed to set modified URLStreamHandlerFactory in this environment. Can't use bundled default client based on HTTPURLConnection, see manual.
Mar 31, 2015 10:03:46 AM org.fourthline.cling.transport.RouterImpl handleStartFailure
SEVERE: Cause: org.fourthline.cling.transport.spi.InitializationException: Failed to set modified URLStreamHandlerFactory in this environment. Can't use bundled default client based on HTTPURLConnection, see manual.
Mar 31, 2015 10:03:46 AM org.fourthline.cling.UpnpServiceImpl <init>
INFO: <<< UPnP service started successfully

On the linux (ubuntu, and debian), I get no results when searching for the routers...

I've tried to run the workbench, and it seems to work fine on the linux machine.

Can you help me find what is missing, and how can I make it work on the linux machine?